The Mission of S5-R
Exposed racing wheels are too hard. Soft sports wheels are too lacking.
The WALTZ FORGED proposes the S5-R.
These days, 19-inch high-grip tires are generating much interest, and the world’s trend is moving toward 19-inch low-profile wheels. Keeping in stride with the trend, wheel size has increased to 19 inches and, to prevent increased weight, lightness, and rigidity were improved, resulting in a high performance product that is in every aspect equal to the WALTZ FORGED S5. The new design’s side-machining and its radiance are evidence of promising not only weight reduction but also high performance.
The mission of the S5-R is to provide reliability and control at will with winding performance.
WALTZ FORGED S5-R—the title of this name is not just for appearances’ sake.
- Method：Forged 1pc. Wheel (Reverse Rim)
- RAYS original test：JWL+R Spec 2
- Color：Pressed Black Clear (KK), Black Double Machining (KW)
- Included：Center Cap, ET1 Air Valve BK
- Optional：EU Parts Set
|INCH||SIZE||DISK||INSET||HOLE||P.C.D.||DRILL||BORE||BIG CALIPER CLEARANCE|
- ・INSET ( ) : Hub clearance/mm
- ※KW color scheduled to be discontinued once inventory clears.
- [ MARKS of BIG CALIPER CLEARANCE ]
- ※Big caliper clearance marks are not suggestions for fitment.
- ・Θ： WRX STI
- ・η： WRX STI (6POT)
- ・■： IS, GS, RC, CROWN (210), MARK-X (3.5L)
- ・⊿： IS-F
|18||7 1/2J||FACE-1||44||5||112||φ29-φ15||φ73.1||MINI(F54, F56*, F60)|
|8J||FACE-1||44||5||112||φ29-φ15||φ73.1||VW GOLF V*/VI*/VII*, AUDI TT(8J), A3, S3|
- ・All 5H-P.C.D.112: Cannot fit Mercedes(GL Class, GLS Class, R550 4Matic, R350 4Matic 2012-, ML63 4Matic, S550 Plug in Hybrid, V class[W447], GLE63S 4Matic), Bentley(57,62), Maybach.
- ※Fitments listed in this SAMPLE FITMENT are for reference only and do not guarantee inspection, clearance, and/or the size mandated by local authorities. Selecting sizes is by your own judgement and we recommend consulting fitments with a pro-fessional outlet.
- ※ * ：Tuner size. (Tire and or wheel may interfere or protrude from the body/fender on normal based vehicles.
- ※18x8J, and KW color scheduled to be discontinued once inventory clears.
RAYS prominent design mold forging
The design mold forging technique creates and forges into the ideal shape. This forging method provide the strength and rigidity to the wheel as originally designed by creating the fiber flow seamless throughout the wheel.
Improved stiffness with a spoke longitudinal section evolved from the S5
As the name suggests, the S5-R is an upgraded model of the S5.
It features an increased wheel size, spoke-side pocket, and changes to the spoke longitudinal section.
The increase in the longitudinal section ratio compared to the S5 has resulted in a strong stiffness suited to higher power middle-class vehicles and 19-inch tires that offer a greater grip.
Reducing the spoke-side thickness with MC processing
For the S5-R, a spoke-side pocket has been created by machining.
Besides general spoke-side processing, the spoke intersection is also processed in the same manner.
This reduces the spoke-side padding.
Top panel machining (KK colors)
We adopted pressed double black colors for the KK colors, which involved applying Color Clear after top panel machining instead of double machining. This finish brings out the cut surface possible only by forging.